BUT, this is what I ended up with...
It was quite delicioso! I love Italian food!
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
3 bonless skinless chicken breasts
olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan, about 1/4 inch)
1/2 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup French-fried onions
1 egg, beaten
1 pkg. fettuccine pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 ounce tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup broccoli florets
parmesan cheese to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Flatten chicken breasts and season.
2. Heat olive oil in pan.
3. Place flour, egg, and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
4. Coat chicken breasts in flour, then in egg, and then in bread crumbs.
5. Place chicken breasts in pan and heat on both sides until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes on each side).
6. Remove chicken and set aside and let it rest.
7. Heat water until boiling.
8. Boil fettuccine noodles until almost done and drain.
9. Return noodles to pot and add cream, butter, tomato sauce, broccoli, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
10. Simmer until noodles are done and remove from heat.
11. Cut chicken breast into small strips and add to noodle mixture.
12. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinke with parmesan cheese before serving.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Chicken Parmesan Remixed
I started dinner tonight with the intention of making Chicken Parmesan...