So in my attempt to get the hubby to eat more veggies, I decided to cook squash AND a veggie casserole for last week's Sunday dinner. So we ended up having cabbage, squash, veggie casserole, and fried pork chops. I'm so glad they both were a big hit. I'll have to keep this combo coming so he keeps getting his needed veggie nutrition!
So for those of you who aren't big veggie fans, but love a creamy, cheesy casserole, you may want to give this veggie casserole a try. It's quite yummy!
Simple Vegetable Casserole
1 bag of mixed veggies (I use brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 bag of shredded cheese
5 to 10 ritz crackers (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stem veggies in pan just until slightly tender.
3. Drain veggies.
4. Combine hot veggies and cream of mushroom soup in a casserole dish until well blended.
5. Top with shredded cheese until fully covered.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
7. Remove and top with Ritz crackers (either whole or crumbled).