Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Dinner 2008

I have been anticipating Christmas all year because I knew it would be the first time Ken and I hosted Christmas dinner. I've spent weeks trying to plan every little detail...from the decor to the dinner rolls. LOL. But after all of my blood, sweat, and tears (smile), I am so happy to say that the day was perfect and so enjoyable! Although it was definitely a LOT of hard work, my first holiday dinner turned out to be a huge success. With a successful holiday meal under my belt, I think I can say that the baton has officially been passed from my mother down to me. =)

Christmas Dinner Menu
Baked Turkey Wings
Ham
Cornbread Dressing
Corn and Rice Casserole
Collard Greens
Potato Salad
Rolls

Christmas Dessert Menu
Sweet Potato Pies (4 total - 2 deep dish, 1 shallow, and 1 shallow with pecan topping)
Red Velvet Cake
German Chocolate Cake













No comments: