Sweet Creamed Corn
1 large bag of frozen corn (thawed)
4 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1 tablespoons butter
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt and pepper.
2. Add the corn and stir to combine.
3. Add the heavy cream and water and stir to combine.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat bacon grease.
5. Add corn mixture and turn heat down to medium-low, stirring until it becomes creamy and the corn become tender, about 30-40 minutes.
6. Add the butter right before serving.