Monday, May 5, 2008
Beware of the Cookie Monster!
My favorite type cookie of all time is Oatmeal Walnut Raisin! So of course I had to try my hand at baking some...and I'm soooo glad that I did because they were so yummy!
Oatmeal Walnut Raisin Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
5. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and butterscotch.
6. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.