Ken LOVES sweets! So I decided to try and step it up in the dessert area and keep him a nice variety of sweets around the house. I'm not a huge dessert person, but I do love a good cookie...especially if it has nuts in it! Soooo, chocolate chip pecan cookies fit us both perfectly!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
8 ounces milk chocolate and peanut butter swirl morsels
8 ounces pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the butter, and both sugars in a mixer bowl, and cream until well mixed.
3. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add small amounts of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and mix well.
6. Fold in the chocolate pieces and nuts.
7. Refrigerate dough for 1/2 hour.
8. Spoon out 1/2 tablespoon portions on a parchment lined baking sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart.
9. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.