Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mother's Day Breakfast

My parents came up for a visit the weekend before Mother's Day. So I took the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom early. So in honor of her, I made a special breakfast consisting of french toast casserole, bacon, sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit. She was very pleased!



Thanks Ashlee for the french toast casserole recipe! It was delicious...and I will definitely be making it again! =)

Here is the recipe for those interested...

French Toast Casserole
Recipe Courtesty of Ashlee

Ingredients

4 cups cubed or 8 slices of bread (I used King's Hawaiian)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla

Directions

1. Put the bread in 5x9 casserole dish.

2. Mix the ingrediants and pour on top.

3. Squish in the bread to soak it up.

4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

5. Before baking in the morning, sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar on top and press it in a little bit.

6. Bake on 350 for 30 mins.

No comments: