Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day Meal

We had a pretty low-key Memorial Day weekend. We didn't attend any cookouts nor did we host one of our own. However, my mother-in-law came up to visit, so I made a simple cookout inspired meal to celebrate the holiday. The menu included BBQ Pulled Chicken, Baked Beans, and Potato Salad. I prepared the chicken using my new love...my slow cooker! The chicken was so moist and tender and the best part is I wasn't in the kitchen all day preparing it! My mother-in-law liked it, so I think my mission was accomplished. =)



Slow Cooked BBQ Chicken

Ingredients

3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 can chicken broth
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce

Directions

1. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
2. Pour chicken both over chicken.
3. Cook on High for 4 hours.
4. Drain broth from slow cooker and shred chicken.
6. Pour bbq sauce over shredded chicken.
7. Cover and cook another hour on High.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i'll be over next year for the same meal :) yummm!