Friday, June 27, 2008

South of the Border

The hubby and I played host this past weekend to his two sisters and our niece. So in honor of their visit, I wanted to make sure I prepared meals that I knew they'd all like. Thus, this yummy creation! My hubby makes a delish casserole similar to this, but I decided to change it up a bit and put a Southwestern spin on it. Here's how it turned out...

Southwestern Mac and Cheese



Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (chopped)
1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Seasoned salt and Pepper to taste

1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions


1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown hamburger. Drain fat.
2. Add tomatoes and corn and heat through.
3. Season with garlic salt, seasoned salt, and pepper.
4. Cook elbow macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
5. Top macaroni with meat mixture, grated cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream.

Bon Appétit!

No comments: